By Todd Rothenhaus, CMO, athenahealth
If you’re a HIMSS member and reading this site then you know – electronic health information (EHR) are enmeshed with the long term of care supply and administration. It is a little bit better than fifty:fifty that your firm has adopted an EHR maybe you’ve even attested to Phase 1 Meaningful Use.
I do not have to go out on a limb to suspect that you or your group has put in substantial money, time and resources on EHR selection and implementation.
Right after all of that –
- Has your EHR program truly additional price?
- Has your program aided you?
And most importantly,
3. Is your digital well being record offering you the results it ought to?
Numerous companies have only ever employed 1 EHR system this can make it far more demanding – but not impossible – to identify an under-carrying out EHR.
Subsequent are some of the essential concerns you should to inquire of your present EHR:
- Is my EHR achieving the needs of federal Significant Use actions? Is it confirmed to secure incentives?
- Is my vendor nimble and responsive enough to satisfy the modifications connected with well being care reform – the two anticipated and unexpected?
- Does my EHR provide a enough return on expenditure with regards to the two scientific and fiscal advantages?
- Can my practice’s leadership be confident that they will not want to get a new EHR in the following five several years simply because their remedy has turn out to be out of date?
- Has my vendor invested in their product to aid me do well, or are they basically charging me for what they require to produce for everybody?
If the answer to any of the earlier mentioned is ‘no’ then it’s time to evaluate other choices.
HIMSS is providing one particular possibility to ‘shop’ for a Meaningful Use-qualified, HIMSS-competent vendor – Meaningful Use Experience at HIMSS13 in New Orleans gives attendees a opportunity to examine diverse EHR options, facet-by-side.
Consider about bringing the above inquiries with you to ask (obstacle) each and every seller.